Security Screening and Prohibited Items
Prior to entry, all guests and permissible items may be subject to a physical screening and inspection. The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust has updated all screening technology to EVOLV systems, which most notably provides comprehensive, contactless screening machines. Guests can seamlessly walk through with their bags, coats, and permissible items. Prohibited items discovered during our screening process will not be allowed inside of the theater or arts venue; a full list of prohibited items can be found above.
By presenting your ticket and entering our venue, you consent to such screenings. Refusal of screening may result in denied entry. These protection measures have been put in place to ensure that each performance or experience is occurring in the safest environment possible for our guests.
The following is a list of outside items which are prohibited inside of venues owned and/or operated by the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust:
- Weapons of any kind or facsimiles of weapons, including firearms, pellet guns, stun guns, martial arts weapons, pepper spray, pocket/utility knives or cutting instruments
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Flammable liquids
- Fireworks, pyrotechnics, flares or incendiary devices
- Glass, metal, or plastic containers of any kind including cans, bottles and flasks
- Outside food or beverages including alcohol
- Oversized bags that exceed 16” x 16” x 8”
- Interchangeable/detachable camera lens (No professional photography-unless authorized)
- Audio/visual recording devices
- 2 way radios
- Laser pointers
- Laptops/tablets (tablets are permitted)
- Beach balls, projectiles, balloons, permanent markers, spray paint
- Signs, flags, banners
- Selfie sticks
- Guests without shoes or shirts
- Masks which cover the full face
- Face paints
- Optical illusions
- Jewelry that could be used as a weapon including chains and studded bracelets
- Pets, other than service animals
- Segways, skateboards, rollerblades, hoverboards, bicycles, helmets, any type of portable seat, other than those approved and required for accessibility
- Noisemakers, bullhorns, or air horns
- Unapproved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements
Unattended items left outside venue doors will be discarded to ensure guest safety.
* This list is not all-inclusive and may change or be updated at any time without notice. Additional restrictions may apply.